Michael Danby is an Australian politician representing Labor Party in the Australian House of Representatives for the Division of Melbourne Ports, Victoria since 1998.
Michael David Danby was born on 16 February 1955 in Melbourne, Australia. Danby went to Mount Scopus Memorial College and then went to Melbourne University to pursue Bachelor of Arts but dropped out. There he was President of Melbourne University Students’ Union and Australian Jewish Student Union. Danby was reserve officer cadet in Australian for 3 years from 1980-83. Besides this, Danby worked as:
- Manager of Halmaag Art Galleries
- Assistant Private Secretary to Barry Cohen
- Editor of Australian-Israel Review
- Senior Vice-President of International Youth Conference in 1985 in Jamaica.
- An industrial officer with SDA for more than 2 years.
- Advisor to Minister for Tourism, Alan Griffiths.
Danby tried for the first time in 1990, got elected in 1998 for Division of Melbourne Ports. Since then he has served on many Parliamentary positions, Ministerial positions and party positions which are listed below:
- Opposition Whip from 2001 to 2007.
- Member of the Caucus Social Policy Committee
- Secretary of Caucus National Security and Trade Committee.
- Parliamentary Secretary for 6 months in 2013 from March to September.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Arts.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary to the Leader of Opposition.
- Chair of Parliamentary Friendship Group for US and Poland, Co-chair for the same with Tibet and Secretary to Australian-Israel Parliamentary Friendship Group.
- Chair of Joint Standing Committee on Migration from 2008-10 and Foreign Affairs, Trade and Defense.
Currently, Danby is serving as Deputy Chair of the House Standing Committee on Procedure and a member of Joint Standing Committee on Trade, Defense and Foreign Affairs. Danby supports same-sex marriage and rights for LGBT people. He has been addressing human rights, environment, foreign affairs, and immigration. He is a member of Steering Committee of World Movement for Democracy. He has links with the Tibetan Exile community, Uyghur community and some African communities as well. He is married to a barrister, Amanda Mendes de Costa since 2008. The other politicians in Australia are Steven Smith Australian Cricketer, Anthony Norman Albanese, Hon Tony etc.
Michael Danby Address: 117 Fitzroy Street, St. Kilda VIC 3182
Michael Danby Fan Mail Address: N/A
Michael Danby Phone Number: N/A
Michael Danby Email ID: N/A
Michael Danby Fax Number: N/A
Michael Danby Official Website: N/A
Because of security reasons, we can’t share information like phone number, email ID and official website etc. You can follow Michael Danby through his social media profiles mentioned under social profiles’ section.
Michael Danby Social Profiles
Facebook Page: facebook.com/michael.danby.39
Like and Follow Danby on his official Facebook Page to see his photos and news feeds.
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/MichaelDanbyMP
Follow Danby on twitter to get his tweets and news feeds.
Instagram Handle: N/A
YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/michaeldanby
Subscribe and watch his speeches on YouTube using this mentioned link.