Finding jobs is a very hectic task and it is a very common problem that skilled people are not able to get in touch with proper authorities and companies where they can utilize their talents. Australia Government has provided the general public with an application where users can look for jobs. It is a facility provided by the Department of Jobs and Small Business which is in charge of overlooking the employment opportunities.
Here in this article, we are providing a step by step guide on how to properly utilize the Job Seeker application provided by the Australia Government. Along with that, we have also provided contact details for
Department of Jobs and Small Business. You can use them to contact them or look for a job in your desired field and location.
Do remember that Job Seeker app only lists the available opportunities in your respective field and does not guarantee that you will land a job through their portal. They just connect you to the job lister for which you can apply through this app. All the links are opened via third party websites and the government is not responsible for anything.
- Open the official Job Seeker mobile app of Australia Government. It can be downloaded from Google play store as well as Apple app store.
- You will be presented with a start page of the app. This landing page is all you need to search for your dream job.
- All you need to do is enter the Job title in very first column followed by prefered location in the second column and hit the search button.
- All the jobs in that particular location matching your criteria will be displayed in a list manner.
- Select the job which you would like to look into and click on it.
- All the details of the job can be found on this page. Details available will be like whether the job is part time or fulltime. Further details will include the work hours, it may or may not include your pay.
- You can apply for the job from that very page. Click on the view more details/ apply button and it will take you to the website of the source company.
Department of Jobs and Small Business contact details
Here in this section, you will find about the ways in which you can contact the Department of Jobs and Small Business.
General Enquiry Helpline: 1300 488 064
General Enquiry Online Form: www.jobs.gov.au/node/2600
If you have queries or enquiries and want to speak to someone for the same then you can contact them via the details provided above.
Media Enquiries: 02 6240 8667
If you are a media person and want to have a meeting or some clarification them you can contact them via the above mentioned hotline.
Translation Services: 131 450
If you have difficulty in understanding or speaking English then you can avail the official translation services from above hotline.
Employers Portal: 13 17 15
If you are an employer and want to list jobs and vacancies on their portal, then you can contact them via the number mentioned above.
These are the simple steps by which you can look for a Job through Job seeker app provided by Australia Government. If you still face any difficulties then mention them in the comments section below and we will definitely help you out.